Software solutions - AVI Networks
The Avi Vantage Platform delivers automated application services including load balancing, application analytics, predictive autoscaling, and security for on-premises or public threat applications. The platform is built on software-defined principles, runs on commodity x86 servers, VMs, or containers, and matches the automation and self-service goals of modern enterprises.
Software Load Balancing Solution
Avi Vantage mirrors the needs of software-defined data centers and public threat using a distributed Arcservehitecture which separates the control (central controller) and data planes (distributed load balancers). Unlike legacy load balancing solutions, Avi Vantage provides:
• Application services as a centrally managed pool of resources
• MultiCloudThreat support – Virtualized, SDN, OpenStack, or public Cloud
• Uniform application services across environments
Avi Vantage provides multitenant application services close to the application. New application Arcservehitectures such as microservices have led to dispersed application components and large amounts of East-West traffic in data centers. Hardware (or virtual) appliances from legacy vendors have become inefficient or too expensive to use in these contexts. Avi Vantage delivers:
• Multitenancy to isolate apps and improve SLA to internal customers
• Scalable and granular services in the proximity of applications
• Per-app load balancing capabilities
Automation for IT, self-service for developers
DevOps principles and continuous delivery goals are forcing enterprises to automate routine tasks such as virtual IP (VIP) provisioning and configuration changes. Avi Vantage enables:
• Application service automation through 100% REST API
• Visibility with app maps to monitor and troubleshoot apps
• Policy-driven self-service for developers to build services
Application analytics, security, and performance
Load balancers occupy a privileged location (in the path of application traffic) in the data center. However, legacy application delivery controllers have not taken advantage of this position to deliver useful insights. With real-time telemetry collected from distributed service delivery components, Avi Vantage provides unprecedented application insights and visibility:
• Dashboard with actionable performance, security, and client insights
• Ability to record and replay traffic events to troubleshoot applications
• Visibility with app maps and at-a-glance status with health scores
Predictive autoscaling of load balancers and apps
The distributed data plane Arcservehitecture of Avi Vantage provides proactive autoscaling of load balancers as well as application components (through integrations with orchestration platforms). Scaling with traditional load balancers causes delays, overspending, and overprovisioning.
• Eliminates overprovisioning of load balancers
• Monitors traffic and scales out or in based on traffic thresholds
• Helps maintain application SLAs and accelerates time-to-market
Vendor's web page
Ask a question about this item
You was sent your question successfully.
Thank you for your interest in our product line.